When Dylan* was removed from his home, he acted out, was afraid of the dark and couldn’t sleep at night. But then he was placed in Nick and Melissa’s home with the help of ACH. Nick and Melissa had longed dreamt of becoming adoptive parents to a little boy. Then, after more than 13 years of waiting to adopt, they became parents to Dylan this past year. And with their love and support, Dylan has thrived. He sleeps better, he’s better behaved, and he’s proud to be part of the family.
This is just one of many stories of how you and ACH transform the lives of children and families in our community, whether it is when a child is removed from his or her home for abuse or neglect or because of a natural disaster. They’re all emergencies, and you can take pride in knowing that YOUR generosity helps ACH deliver these much-needed services to children and families who have experienced trauma or crises. But did you know that there’s a special day when your generosity goes just a little bit further?
On North Texas Giving Day—Thursday, September 14 from 6 a.m. to midnight—everyone is encouraged to give to nonprofits that serve our community. And if you give $25 or more, your gift will be multiplied from special bonus funds available on this day!
Plus, it’s so easy to give! On Sept. 14, please click here and choose the amount you’re going to give.
Here are some ways your gift will directly impact the lives of families and children in North Texas:
- $25 helps provide essential items for an abused or neglected child spending their first night in foster care.
- $50 helps purchase clothing for trafficked teenagers entering our Youth Emergency Shelter with nothing but the clothes on their backs.
- $75 helps a family in crisis to receive needed counseling.
- $100 helps provide meals for children living in our care.
- $250 helps provide transitional housing for homeless single-parent families experiencing life’s tougher challenges.
- $500 helps provide 24-hour shelter, care, support and education for homeless youth (almost one in four of the homeless in Tarrant County are children).
You can also continue to help by sharing North Texas Giving Day with friends and encouraging them to give, too! Join us in using the hashtag #NTxGivingDay on social media and be sure to tag @achchildfamily. And to show our appreciation for all our supporters, we have a few surprises planned for North Texas Giving Day, so follow ACH on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to participate in the fun!
*Names changed for privacy.