Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the different ways a person can volunteer? Volunteers can support ACH as individuals or with a group.
- Is there an age limit for volunteers? Yes. Individuals must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. For groups, minors can participate with adults present.
- After becoming a volunteer, how do I submit my volunteer time? Volunteers will submit their time when they sign in for the volunteer event.
- How often can a volunteer participate without being screened? Non-screened volunteers can support ACH once every 90 days.
- Do you have a minimum service commitment for volunteers? Yes, a minimum of 20 hours to be completed within 6 months.
- How often can a group participate in a volunteer activity or event? Without screening, groups can participate once every 90 days (quarterly).
- Can a person volunteer if they are not 16 years old? Yes, but only for one-time or episodic volunteer occurrences with adults present.
- Does your agency offer court-ordered community service? No, not at this time. Click here for a list of eligible agencies.
- If I wanted to become an intern with ACH, would I apply as a volunteer? Yes, but only if you are not receiving educational credit for participating.
- Are there other ways to get involved at ACH? Yes! We have yACH Young Professionals or a Women's Auxiliary you can join.
for one-time or episodic
activities or events.
seeking to volunteer or mentor.