Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the different ways a person can volunteer? Volunteers can support ACH as individuals or with a group on a one time basis or regular.
- Is there an age limit for volunteers? Yes. Individuals must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. For groups, minors can participate with adults present.
- How often can a volunteer participate without being screened? Volunteers who support ACH once every 90 days or less do not have to complete the screening process.
- Do you have a minimum service commitment for volunteers? If you plan on volunteering more than twice in a 90 day period a minimum of 20 hours to be completed within 6 months.
- How often can a group participate in a volunteer activity or event? Without screening, groups can participate once every 90 days.
- Can a person volunteer if they are not 16 years old? Yes, but only for one-time or episodic volunteer occurrences with adults present.
- Does your agency offer court-ordered community service? No, not at this time. Click here for a list of eligible agencies.
- Are there other ways to get involved at ACH? Yes! We have yACH Young Professionals or a Women's Auxiliary you can join.