THE NEXT STEPS
If you are interested in becoming an individual volunteer or volunteer mentor, follow the steps below.
- Step # 1: Complete the Volunteer Services Application Online (click button below)
- Step # 2: Gather a photo ID (i.e., driver's license, passport, student ID)
- Step # 3: Schedule an Interview with Volunteer Services (call or e-mail)
Candidates must be at least 16 years old to serve as an individual volunteer and at least 25 years old to serve as a volunteer mentor. Individual volunteers and volunteer mentors are required to complete the screening process. This process includes a background check, central registry check, fingerprinting, drug screen and TB skin test (not optional but TB skin test may be substituted for a chest x-ray).
For your group to be considered for a pre-scheduled volunteer event, you will need to:
- Step # 1: Contact Volunteer Services to Learn More about Group Opportunities
- Step # 2: Get Approved for a Volunteer Activity or Event
- Step # 3: Schedule Activity & Complete the Provided Forms (required for each volunteer)
For more information about our volunteer program, call us at 682.432.1131 (individuals & groups) weekdays between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. For volunteer mentors, you can contact our Volunteer Mentoring Coordinator, at 817.566.1619 on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays between 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. Our office is closed on weekends and major holidays. For all other inquiries, e-mail us at email@example.com.