ACH Child and Family Services offers a variety of options for individuals seeking to support our agency through volunteer support. We have on-campus, off-campus and online opportunities available throughout the year. Take a look at the opportunities below to see if your interests meet our needs.
- Community Garden
- Event & Holiday Support
- Life Skills Classes
- Office Support
- Online Volunteering (social media platforms)
- Supper Clubs
- Youth Support
eligibility for individual volunteers
- Be at least 16 years old (under 17 requires parental consent)
- Be mature, outgoing, and aware of ACH's mission, vision & values
- Be willing to undergo all required screenings (includes background check)
- Be able to complete a minimum of 20 hours within 6 months
Simply put, we ask for at least 4 hours a month for six months.
While not required, the option to volunteer more than the minimum is welcomed. Screening includes an in-person interview, background/central registry check, drug screen, and tuberculosis test. Depending on state requirements, a volunteer may have to undergo FBI fingerprinting as well. This process can take up to four weeks to complete.