FOR THE LOVE OF FAMILIES
As a family caring for relatives, we want you to know you’re not alone.
We will provide support, training or more intensive in-home services as you care for the child(ren) placed in your home.
We want your family to be successful!
Intensive Home Services
This program is voluntary and offers multiple levels of involvement based on the family’s expressed interest and needs. Applications are required, and referrals may be made by phone or email.
- Assigned family solutions engagement worker for your family
- In-home services and 24/7 on-call support
- Assessments completed with the family
- Concrete resources
- Service plan specifically for the family
- Support for the family through licensure with a Child-Placing Agency (CPA) if necessary
- After-care planning
TRAINING FOR CAREGIVERS
ACH and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) will provide training during monthly support groups as needed or requested by participants.
Topics for training include:
- Navigating the Child Protective Services (CPS) system
- Stress management
- Basic child development
- Understanding behavior within the framework of prior trauma is addressed through TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Intervention)
- Conflict management
- Navigating split loyalties
- Family dynamics and your new role
ACH will collaborate with you to provide support groups to help with the transition of becoming a caregiver.
Support groups are offered twice per month:
- Once during the day and once in the evening
- No more than two hours
- Co-facilitated with a kinship family who has been where you are
- Assistance for a family seeking verification
- Groups will be offered at the ACH campus in Fort Worth as well as other locations as groups grow